Photo by Cuvée Chocolate
Make Chocolate Stout Cupcakes with Cuvée Chocolate
By Tehya Nicholas
Even if you aren't into beer, we guarantee you'll be into Cuvée Chocolate's Chocolate Stout Cupcakes.
The connoisseurs of chocolate pairings, Kylie and Deniz have found a winning combination in Loch Distillery & Brewery's Imperial Stout and their Cuvée Grand Cru 75% Extra Dark Chocolate.
Stout's high alcohol content and roasted grains pair perfectly with the intensity of the chocolate. Throw is some smokiness and rich, roasted flavours of Imperial Stout and the cherry and red plum breaking through the chocolate and you're in heaven.
CHOCOLATE STOUT CUPCAKES
- 160g Cuvée 72% Classic Dark Hot Chocolate Mix
- 325g plain flour
- 360g caster sugar
- 9g bi-carb soda
- Pinch of sea salt
- 345 g Loch Brewery & Distillery Imperial Stout
- 115 g milk
- 100 g canola oil
- 70g Cuvée Grand Cru 75% Extra Dark Chocolate
- 200 g whole eggs
- 115g sour cream
- 1ea. vanilla pod
Yields approximately 24 cupcakes
- Line two muffin tins with cupcake patty pans.
- In a bowl, combine the sift flour, hot chocolate mix, sugar, bi-carb soda and salt place the chocolate in a separate bowl and melt in a microwave.
- Add the oil bit by bit whilst constantly whisking, as well as the stout, milk, oil and scraped vanilla.
- Add the eggs and sour cream and combine well.
- Slowly and bit by bit add the dry ingredients into the wet mix and fold through until just combined.
- Using a piping bag or spoon, divide the mix into the muffin tins about ¾ full bake at 180°C for approx. 18-20 minutes.
- Place onto a cake rack until completely cooled
CREAM CHEESE FROSTING
- Add the soft butter and sift icing sugar into the bowl of a stand mixer.
- Using a paddle attachment, beat until well combined.
- Add the cream cheese and scraped vanilla and continue beating until light and fluffy.
- Using a piping bag, pipe large rosettes of icing onto your cupcakes
Shop Cuvée Chocolate here
Recipe originally sourced by Cuvée Chocolate.