Photo by Yarra Valley Dairy
Make Roast Butternut Pumpkin with Yarra Valley Dairy
By Co-lab Pantry
Deep into Autumn and nearing into Winter means beautiful roasted veggies, warm curries and hearty meals. Our friends from the Yarra Valley, Yarra Valley Dairy have shared a recipe that's sure to warm your insides with a kick of their firey goats cheese.
Roast Butternut Pumpkin with Firey, rosemary & toasted hazelnuts :
Serves 4 – 6.
- 1 butternut pumpkin cut in half lengthwise
- 1 bulb of garlic (8-12 cloves)
- 275g jar Yarra Valley Dairy Firey Oil reserved from the Firey jar
- Handful of rosemary sprigs, plus extra for garnishing
- ½ cup hazelnuts toasted, skins removed
- 1 tbsp salt flakes
- Fresh ground black pepper
- Preheat oven 180°C.
- Place hazelnuts on an oven tray and roast until golden. Approx. 10-15 mins.
- Remove set aside to cool. When cool, place nuts in a folded tea towel and using flat palms, roll your hands over them to rub off the skins. Pick out the nuts from the shells and set aside. Roughly chop the hazelnuts.
- Place the salt and 2 teaspoons of rosemary sprigs (removed from stalks) in a mortar and pestle, or spice grinder. Grind them together to make a fragrant, green rosemary salt.
- Cut the butternut pumpkin in half lengthwise. Trim the top and bottom. Scoop out the pips from the cut butternut pumpkin half and discard.
- Leaving the skin on, cut pumpkin into large pieces. Place on a baking paper lined oven tray. Drizzle with the reserved Yarra Valley Firey chilli oil.
- Leave the skin on the garlic cloves and scatter with the pumpkin pieces. Season with the rosemary salt and some pepper to taste.
- Place tray into oven and cook for approx. 15 minutes, or until pumpkin is golden and cooked. Remove from oven.
- Crumble the Yarra Valley Dairy Firey over the pumpkin and sprinkle with the chopped hazelnuts. Garnish with extra rosemary.
Shop Yarra Valley Dairy online.
Recipe originally sourced from Yarra Valley Dairy.