Photo by Will Studd
Make Lentil and Feta Salad with Will Studd
By Will Studd
By Will Studd
Make Lentil and Feta Salad with Will Studd:
- 250g / 9oz Aphrodite Barrel Aged Feta PDO
- 1 ½ cups of small green lentils
- 1 medium carrot, peeled and cut into 1 cm dice
- ½ small onion, finely diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 medium red peppers
- 1 cup of of herbs - mint, parsley, thyme
- Red wine vinegar (to taste)
- Olive oil to garnish
- Juice of a large lemon (½ cup)
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
- 1 clove of crushed garlic
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅓ cup of ev olive oil
- Lemon Vinaigrette
- Rinse lentils and add to medium saucepan with carrot, onion, garlic, salt and bay leaf. Cover generously in water and bring to boil then reduce to a simmer until lentils are cooked (tender but still firm) - approx. 15 mins.
- While lentils are cooking, roast peppers on a flame until charred. Cover with plastic film in a bowl for 10 minutes to steam, then scrape skins. Do not rinse them, as they will lose their flavour.
- Whisk together vinaigrette ingredients and fold into warm lentils. Add herbs and peppers. Season with salt and pepper and red wine vinegar to taste. Crumble feta and stir into lentils. Drizzle with olive oil and serve.
- Compose as part of a salad plate with hard boiled eggs, olives, tomatoes and lettuce. Cover in fridge and enjoy for up to 4 days.
Explore more from Will Studd online.
Recipe originally sourced by Will Studd.