Photo by Melbourne Cocktail Festival
Make Cocktail: Lamington White Russian by Lui Bar
By Co-lab Pantry x MCF
In partnership with Melbourne Cocktail Festival, we present the Lamington White Russian by Lui Bar:
Makes 1 Cocktail
+ WHAT YOU NEED
- Cocktail tin
- Bar spoon
- Small rocks glass or Coupette
- 40ml Lamington Batch
- 60ml Cold Brew Coffee
- Coconut cream, to serve
- Desiccated coconut and freeze-dried raspberry, to serve
+ INGREDIENTS (FOR LAMINGTON BATCH)
- 250ml vodka
- 250ml Crème de Cacao (dark)
- 100g frozen raspberries
+ INGREDIENTS (FOR COLD BREW)
- 15g Coarsely ground coffee beans
+ METHOD (FOR LAMINGTON BATCH)
- Combine ingredients with a pinch of salt in a jar.
- Muddle raspberries, then seal jar and leave at room temperature for 2 days to infuse. Strain through a Chux (you can reuse the raspberries for garnish by drying them in a 60°C oven for 6-8 hours, then crushing into a powder; or use freeze-dried).
+ METHOD (FOR THE COLD BREW)
- Combine coffee with 250ml water in a jar.
- Seal, and refrigerate for 24 hours to brew. Strain through a Chux.
- Measure Lamington Batch and Cold Brew into cocktail tin, fill with ice and stir until chilled and diluted.
- Strain into a chilled glass.
- Layer coconut cream on top (about 1cm; shake it in a jar first to emulsify).
- To serve, Sprinkle with desiccated coconut and freeze-dried raspberry.
Discover Lui Bar at Level 55, 525 Collins St, Melbourne.
Melbourne Cocktail Festival is a celebration of Melbourne city’s brilliant cocktail scene, its world-class bars and the talented bartenders behind them. Each year at MCF, the bespoke drinks designed for the festival are created with seasonality, creativity and taste at the forefront. Every year, the recipes for these drinks are shared with us so that wherever you are – at home, at work or on the road – you can drink extraordinary cocktails from Melbourne’s best bars.