Photo by Melbourne Cocktail Festival
Make Cocktail: Saint Fitzroy by Black Pearl
By Co-lab Pantry x MCF
In partnership with Melbourne Cocktail Festival, we present the Saint Fitzroy by Black Pearl:
Makes 1 Cocktail
+ WHAT YOU NEED
- Ziplock bag
- Martini glass
- Mixing glass
- Julep strainer
- 35ml Saint Felix Wild Forest Gin
- 20ml Alderflower liqueur
- 30ml Dry riesling
- 1 dash Ora
+ INGREDIENTS (FOR VERMOUTH GRAPES)
- 10 Green grapes
- 200ml Bianco Vermouth
+ METHOD (FOR VERMOUTH GRAPES)
- Prick grapes 5 times each with a toothpick.
- Add to a ziplock bag and cover with bianco vermouth (or any other vermouth or fruit liqueur you have on hand), seal and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Drain off the vermouth (drink it!).
- Rinse grapes, return to bag and freeze (they’ll keep forever).
- First, make the Vermouth Grapes.
- Pop a martini glass in the freezer.
- Measure ingredients into a mixing glass and add bitters.
- Fill with ice and stir quickly for 15-20 seconds.
- Strain into chilled martini glass.
- To serve Garnish with frozen vermouth-infused grapes.
Melbourne Cocktail Festival is a celebration of Melbourne city’s brilliant cocktail scene, its world-class bars and the talented bartenders behind them. Each year at MCF, the bespoke drinks designed for the festival are created with seasonality, creativity and taste at the forefront. Every year, the recipes for these drinks are shared with us so that wherever you are – at home, at work or on the road – you can drink extraordinary cocktails from Melbourne’s best bars.