Photo by That's Amore Cheese
Make Pizza with That's Amore Cheese
By Tehya Nicholas
Whether you’re an expert or not, we all know great pizza comes down to the cheese. That’s Amore, fittingly owned by the Italian titan Giorgio Linguanti, knows a thing or two about both.
Their award-winning premium cheeses paired with soft, fluffy carbohydrates is truly something worth dreaming about.
Here, two wonderful worlds collide in one stand-out recipe sure to impress your family.
PIZZA WITH BUFFALO MOZZARELLA, TOMATO AND SAGE
Dough recipe makes 3 bases
- 220ml lukewarm water
- 20g fresh yeast (or 7g dry yeast)
- 1 tsp raw sugar
- 400g strong white flour
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 30ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil Topping
- 150g tin plum tomatoes
- 50g That’s Amore Scamorza Bianca, cubed
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes
- 3 sage leaves
- 125g That’s Amore Buffalo Mozzarella, drained and torn into pieces
- Extra Virgin Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Combine water, yeast and sugar in a small bowl. Set aside for a few mins.
- Combine flour and salt onto a clean surface and make a well in the centre. Add yeast mixture and olive oil.
- Using a fork slowly bring in the flour from the outer edge of the well and mix into the yeast mixture until combined.
- Use your hands to bring the dough together. Kneed for 10 mins or until smooth.
- Brush a large bowl with oil and place the dough inside.
- Cover with plastic wrap and leave in a warm place to prove for 1 hour, or until doubled in size.
- Preheat oven to 250°C.
- Dust work surface with flour. Divide dough into 3 equal balls. Cover each ball with plastic wrap and set aside for 10 mins before you work it.
- Using a rolling pin, roll each ball into a rough circle.
- Brush pizza tray with olive oil, place pizza base onto tray.
- To prepare toppings, blend plum tomatoes, olive oil and salt until smooth.
- Spread tomato sauce over pizza base.
- Add scamorza and sage.
- Bake for 7 mins.
- Remove pizza from the oven.
- Add cherry tomatoes and buffalo mozzarella.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil and season to taste.
- Cook for another 5 mins or until the base is crisp and golden.
Shop That's Amore Cheese
Recipe originally sourced by That's Amore Cheese