Photo by Peter Bouchier
Make Reverse-sear Rib Eye Steak with Peter Bouchier
By Peter Bouchier
In need of a hand to make the perfect steak? Turn to Peter Bouchier's Reverse-sear Rib Eye Steak. The perfect Sunday night feed, or, any night for that matter.
Reverse-sear Rib Eye Steak:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 x 500g rib eye steak, on the bone
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 tbsp Peter Bouchier Béarnaise sauce, to serve
- Take the steak out of the fridge about 15 min before cooking.
- Preheat the oven to 150 degrees.
- Season with butcher’s salt and olive oil, place the steak on a wire rack in a baking dish, and cook in the oven for around 30 mins depending on your preference of readiness (rare, medium etc).
- Let the steak rest now for 10 mins,
- Preheat the grill plate nice and hot, and sear for around 45 seconds each side. Serve with a dollop of Peter Bouchier béarnaise sauce
Reverse searing is the perfect cooking method for dry aged steaks and any steak cut extra thick. Peter Bouchier Butcher’s salt and Béarnaise sauce available at all Peter Bouchier stores.
Explore more from Peter Bouchier here.